Animal Lifeline of Iowa, Inc.
Animal Lifeline of Iowa (ALI) is Central Iowa’s only special needs, no-kill animal shelter, celebrating 30 years of serving the Des Moines area and all of Iowa. We rescue cats and dogs that are injured, handicapped, have a serious medical condition, abused, pregnant and nursing moms, or orphans that require bottle feeding. We rehabilitate the animals, who run a higher risk of euthanasia in a traditional shelter setting, and then adopt them into loving forever homes. Animals are not euthanized because they have been at the shelter for a certain length of time.
Paws & Claws Benefit Auction
When: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Where: Embassy Suites Downtown
Priorities & Animals We Accept
Priority is given to animals who are...
- Serious medical condition
- Pregnant/Nursing moms
- Orphaned needing bottle feeding
- As animals are placed and adopted into homes, we are able to assist more.
- We DO NOT maintain a waiting list for animals that may qualify to come to our shelter.
If you have an animal you believe meets our acceptance criteria, please call the shelter to discuss if we will be able to assist you. We are a very small shelter and accept animals as space and budget allows.
All animals in ALI's care receive complete veterinarian care from Avondale Veterinary Healthcare Complex which includes:
- Vaccinations and Rabies
- General health assessment
- Heartworm checks & preventatives - for dogs
- Flea & tick preventatives
- Leukemia & FIV screenings - for cats
- Any medical care necessary to maintain their health
- Microchip implant
- All are spayed or neutered before being placed in home